GOT HEALTH INSURANCE?
COVID - 19 - Special Enrollment Period - Phone Appointments Available Now
The special enrollment period is now available for uninsured New Yorkers between March 16 and April 15, 2020, as novel Coronavirus cases climb. Individuals who enroll in Qualified Health Plans will have coverage effective starting April 1, 2020. Individuals who are eligible for other NY State of Health programs – Medicaid, Essential Plan and Child Health Plus – can enroll year-round. Call 845-248-3942 to schedule a FREE phone appointment with a Certified Health Insurance Navigator now! To schedule an appointment with a Certified Health Insurance Navigator in Spanish please call 845-238-9685.
El período especial para inscribirse para seguro de salud está disponible ahora para los neoyorquinos sin seguro desde el 16 de marzo y hasta el 15 de abril de 2020, a medida que aumentan los nuevos casos de Coronavirus. Las personas que se inscriban en los Planes de salud calificados tendrán cobertura efectivo el 1 de abril de 2020. Las personas que son elegibles para otros programas del Estado de salud de Nueva York (Medicaid, el plan esencial y Child Health Plus) pueden inscribirse durante todo el año. Para programar una cita gratuita con un Navegador de seguro médico certificado en español por teléfono, llame al 845-238-9685.
Getting affordable health insurance coverage is critical to accessing health care. MiSN can help people of all ages and stages of life determine if they are eligible for health insurance through the New York State of Health Marketplace. Our Certified Navigators assist consumers to access affordable health insurance that best meets their individual and family needs. NAVIGATOR AND CHA SERVICES are ALWAYS free of charge!
MiSN’s Certified Navigators provide 1 to 1 in-person assistance, free of charge, in Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Sullivan and Ulster counties. NAVIGATORS assist individuals and families determine their eligibility for health insurance through the NY State of Health Marketplace -
- Certified navigators help New Yorkers apply through the online Marketplace portal
- New Yorkers may be eligible for commercial insurance, also called Qualified Health Plans, Medicaid, Child Health Plus and the new Essential Plan.
Learn about health insurance options in your county of residence
- Determine if you can get financial assistance to pay for health insurance premiums
- See which insurance plans your Health Care Provider takes
- See which plans pay for prescriptions you need to take
- Select a health plan that best meets the needs for you and your family
For small businesses:
- Assist employers with fewer than 100 employees to provide employee health insurance benefits
- Provide information about the Small Business Tax Credits
- Enroll your employees in the New York State of Health Small Business Marketplace
CALL (800) 453-4666 for an appointment in your county!
CHA! MiSN’s Community Health Advocates can help you and your family keep and use your health insurance benefits or find affordable health care if you do not have health insurance: MiSN is a proud CHA partner with CSSNY
Understand how health insurance works.
- Learn where to get affordable health care services.
- Resolve disputes and medical billing problems.
- Understand health insurance terms and policies.
- Learn about charity care and financial assistance programs.
- Know your appeal and fair hearing rights.
- Understand Medicare and Medicare Savings Programs.
- Connect to prescription drug assistance programs.
- Get approvals for needed medical services.
CALL (800) 453-4666 for an appointment if you live in Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan or Putnam counties.
Got Health Insurance and Still Need Help? Don’t Have Health Insurance and Still Need Health Care?
Once you have health insurance you may need help using as it may seem hard to understand at first. Or if you don’t have health insurance you may need helping accessing health services.
Our CHAs may be able to help you!
COMMUNITY HEALTH ADVOCATES (CHA)
Community Health Advocates (CHA), a program of the Community Service Society, helps New Yorkers understand their health insurance and access the health care services they need. CHA provides free, confidential individual counseling to individuals, families, small businesses and advocates. MiSN is part of a network of 28 organizations and small businesses serving organizations providing services in every county in New York State. Our CHA services are free. We can provide help in English and Spanish, and have access to many other languages through a language help line.
MiSN CHA’s Can Help You:
If you do not have health insurance CHA can help you access low cost health services and prescription drugs -