MiSN is a community –based non-profit Perinatal Network that was established in 1990 to improve birth outcomes and reduce ethnic and racial disparities leading to infant mortality, maternal mortality, preterm birth and low birth weight babies.
To achieve these goals MiSN is dedicated to family and community health and wellness across the lifespan. We serve all members of the community with information, education, support and referrals to achieve better health at every stage of life. Through collaborative partnerships with the medical, educational, human services, and faith-based sectors, MiSN paves the way to healthy futures in the Mid-Hudson Region.
Because our children are our future, MiSN places a high priority on offering education and resources to support pregnant women and women of child bearing age and their families, as well as adolescents and teens.
GOT HEALTH INSURANCE?
Getting affordable health insurance coverage is critical to accessing health care. MiSN can help people of all ages and stages of life determine if they are eligible for health insurance through the New York State of Health Marketplace. Our Certified Navigators assist consumers to access affordable health insurance that best meets their individual and family needs. NAVIGATOR AND CHA SERVICES are ALWAYS Free of Charge!
MiSN’s Certified Navigators provide 1 to 1 in-person assistance, free of charge, in Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Sullivan and Ulster counties. NAVIGATORS assist individuals and families determine their eligibility for health insurance through the NY State of Health Marketplace:
- Certified navigators help New Yorkers apply through the online Marketplace portal
- New Yorkers may be eligible for commercial insurance, also called Qualified Health Plans, Medicaid, Child Health Plus and the new Essential Plan.
Learn about health insurance options in your county of residence
- Determine if you can get financial assistance to pay for health insurance premiums
- See which insurance plans your Health Care Provider takes
- See which plans pay for prescriptions you need to take
- Select a health plan that best meets the needs for you and your family
For small businesses:
- Assist employers with fewer than 100 employees to provide employee health insurance benefits
- Provide information about the Small Business Tax Credits
- Enroll your employees in the New York State of Health Small Business Marketplace
CALL (800) 453-4666 for an appointment in your county!
CHA! MiSN’s Community Health Advocates can help you and your family keep and use your health insurance benefits or find affordable health care if you do not have health insurance: MiSN is a proud CHA partner with CSSNY
Understand how health insurance works.
- Learn where to get affordable health care services.
- Resolve disputes and medical billing problems.
- Understand health insurance terms and policies.
- Learn about charity care and financial assistance programs.
- Know your appeal and fair hearing rights.
- Understand Medicare and Medicare Savings Programs.
- Connect to prescription drug assistance programs.
- Get approvals for needed medical services.
CALL (800) 453-4666 for an appointment if you live in Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan or Putnam counties.
GOT Health Insurance and Still Need Help? Don’t Have Health Insurance and Still Need Health Care?
Once you have health insurance you may need help using as it may seem hard to understand at first. Or if you don’t have health insurance you may need helping accessing health services.
Our CHAs may be able to help you!
COMMUNITY HEALTH ADVOCATES (CHA)
Community Health Advocates (CHA), a program of the Community Service Society, helps New Yorkers understand their health insurance and access the health care services they need. CHA provides free, confidential individual counseling to individuals, families, small businesses and advocates. MiSN is part of a network of 28 organizations and small businesses serving organizations providing services in every county in New York State. Our CHA services are free. We can provide help in English and Spanish, and have access to many other languages through a language help line.
MiSN CHA’s Can Help You:
If you do not have health insurance CHA can help you access low cost health services and prescription drugs -