Breast milk is a natural, perfectly packaged baby’s first food and contains a unique blend of nutrients to support your baby’s healthy development. The act of breastfeeding strengthens the mother-baby bonding process, and gives moms and babies many health benefits including obesity prevention, immunity, and psychological closeness.
August is National Breastfeeding Month! Check out our Calendar of Events!
MiSN’s MID-HUDSON LACTATION CONSORTIUM (MHLC)
MHLC was organized in 1992 in response to the need to promote breastfeeding as the Gold Standard for infant nutrition to the medical and general community. MHLC members are professionals who support breastfeeding at hospitals, health centers, community based organizations, and within the community in private practice. MHLC:
- Maintains a regional directory of breastfeeding resources including IBCLCs. To access the MHLC resource and referral directory – click here
- Facilitates quarterly professional education and networking meetings. To inquire about the next MHLC networking meeting – click here
- Offers technical assistance to workplaces to improve access to appropriate breast milk pumping facilities
- Assists with Nursing Mothers Rock and Rest stations at public events
- Coordinates local coalitions activities for World Breastfeeding Week and National Breastfeeding Month
- Offers a premier Annual Breastfeeding Education Conference for lactation professionals.
- Become a Member of MHLC: Membership Application
USEFUL LINKS for breastfeeding families:
BREASTFEEDING EDUCATION AND SUPPORT
Breastfeeding Basics: A Seminar for Expectant Parents and Grandparents To - Be
Get all your questions about breastfeeding answered: