Breast milk is a natural, perfectly packaged baby’s first food and contains a unique blend of nutrients to support your baby’s healthy development. The act of breastfeeding strengthens the mother-baby bonding process, and gives moms and babies many health benefits including obesity prevention, immunity, and psychological closeness.
MiSN’s MID-HUDSON LACTATION CONSORTIUM (MHLC)
Save the date for our 2020 Conference!
May 6, 2020
- Maintains a regional directory of breastfeeding resources including IBCLCs. To access the MHLC resource and referral directory – click here
- Facilitates quarterly professional education and networking meetings. To inquire about the next MHLC networking meeting – click here
- Offers technical assistance to workplaces to improve access to appropriate breast milk pumping facilities
- Assists with Nursing Mothers Rock and Rest stations at public events
- Coordinates local coalitions activities for World Breastfeeding Week and National Breastfeeding Month
- Offers a premier Annual Breastfeeding Education Conference for lactation professionals.
- Become a Member of MHLC: Membership Application
USEFUL LINKS for breastfeeding families:
BREASTFEEDING EDUCATION AND SUPPORT
Breastfeeding Basics: A Seminar for Expectant Parents and Grandparents To - Be
Get all your questions about breastfeeding answered:
- How to know if your baby is getting enough
- What to do if breastfeeding hurts
- How Dad and Grandma and Family Can Help
- Pumping and Working