Women’s Wellness for Life
Healthy woman before, during and between Pregnancies is our vision for all women whether they are planning to become pregnant, not thinking about becoming pregnant, or on the fence about pregnancy and parenting. Taking steps to get healthy and stay healthy is a good choice for every woman, and a bonus if and when a pregnancy occurs, that helps to ensure a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby!
In Need of Women's Wellness Services?
Geneva C. May - 845-637-4424 - email@example.com
Linnette Vargas-Gonzalez - 845-702-1894 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Orourke - 845-762-6948 - email@example.com
Did you know that a full term pregnancy lasts from 39 to 41 week? Babies born before that, from 37 to 39 weeks gestation, are “preterm.” And babies that are born sooner than that who are considered very preterm may need to stay in the hospital for weeks or months after birth. Learn the risk factors for preterm birth and what you can do to prevent it.
Prenatal and Childbirth Education
Now that you are pregnant you will want to take great care of yourself and your unborn child. Our classes cover what you need to know and do for optimal health and wellness for each of the 3 trimesters of pregnancy and the 4th trimester, after the baby is born.
Having a baby is challenging at any age, no matter what the circumstances may be. This challenge may be elevated for some moms to be, including teens who may not have a strong support system or access to medical care and other support services.
Bilingual Community Health Workers (CHWs) are your Go-To for expectant and new moms:
MiSN CHWs are trusted peers in your community who receive special training about women’s and infant health topics. They serve women from ages 14 to 48. CHWs can get you connected to services and resources, education, informal counseling, social support and advocacy when you need a helping hand.
MiSN Community Health Workers know things can be hard. They want to make it easy for you to:
- Ensure that babies are born full term and at a healthy birth weight
- New parents get emotional support for themselves and for baby bonding
- Referrals are made for new moms who are feeling blue or isolated
- New moms get timely postpartum care and plan for spacing your next pregnancy
- Learn Self Care During and After Pregnancy
- Connect with community resources like WIC, baby supplies, to treat depression
- Connect with a Pediatrician for baby, and an OB/GYN and Primary Care Provider for Mom
- Find out if you may be eligible for a low cost Pac N Play, a safe place for your baby to sleep
- Get Medicaid or Affordable Health Insurance
- Find a medical provider for your health needs
- Find dental care
- Plan your births and obtain birth control
- Find free pregnancy and STD testing
- Provide a safe sleeping environment for your baby
- Breastfeed your baby successfully
- Create a Life Plan – Using “Make A Plan – MAP IT!”
- Stop smoking
- Get help for addiction
- Eat right,
- Reduce stress and
- Maintain healthy relationships
New York State of Health
Congratulations! Now take action to ensure a positive pregnancy and birthing experience and a healthy baby.
- Get covered – If you do not have health insurance this the first step to getting great prenatal care. We can help you qualify and enroll in health insurance through the NY State of Health Marketplace.
- Find a Prenatal Provider – When you enroll in health insurance, our Navigators can help you find a prenatal provider that takes your insurance. We encourage you to make that first appointment within the first trimester of your pregnancy and to attend all the prenatal visits your provider schedules. Need help keeping those appointments? MiSN can help you find a prenatal provider and help you to keep on track with your prenatal appointments.
Baby Café Now Open in Liberty New York.
According to the New York State Department of Health, more than 90 infants die of SIDs (sudden infant death syndrome) or of bed-sharing, suffocation and other causes in New York State every year. This is the leading cause of death for infants between one month and one year.
Maternal-Infant Services Network (MiSN) is very proud to be a Cribs for Kids ® partner providing low income women with safe portable cribs and education based on
to help prevent these terrible tragedies and survive their infancy healthy and strong!
YOU CAN BECOME A SAFE SLEEP GUARDIAN AND HELP TO PREVENT INFANT DEATH by Donating $55 to MiSN to purchase a safe crib for a family in need
Sign up for Text4Baby – free mobile support timed to your pregnancy or babies age!
TEXT FOR BABY https://www.text4baby.org
Get the free Text4Baby app on your cellphone at the App Store for iPhones or Google Play for Android devices
MiSN is an outreach partner of text4baby - A free mobile information service providing timely health information to pregnant women and new moms from pregnancy through a baby's first year.
Sign up for the service by texting BABY to 511411 (or BEBE for Spanish) to receive three free SMS text messages each week timed to your due date or baby's delivery. These messages focus on a variety of topics critical to maternal and child health, including birth defects prevention, immunization, nutrition, seasonal flu, mental health, oral health and safe sleep. Text4baby messages also connect women to prenatal and infant care services and other resources
DONATE NOW: You Can Help Ensure That All Babies Have a Healthy Future by Donate to Our Security Blanket Fund!
- Your $95.00 donation provides a Prenatal and Childbirth Education Scholarship to a low income expectant mom!
- Your $55.00 donation provides a Safe Sleep Pac N Play for a low income infant and Safe Sleep education for the parents
- Your $25.00 donations provides disposable diapers and baby wipes to a family that cannot afford them!